We created and grew a successful global educational social network – Students Circle in 2010. Having had some success with Students Circle, we decided to take that further and solve an evolving social problem in Nigeria and Africa. Here are some coverage of our work with Students Circle Network:
- Forbes: http://onforb.es/scnforbes
- Huffington Post: http://huff.to/scnhuffpo
- IT News Africa: http://bit.ly/scnitnewsafrica
- PR Newswire: http://prn.to/scninfinitegraph
- BlackWeb: http://bit.ly/baublackweb
Beni American University is taking the vision of educating African youths to the next level. We strongly believe in education and the possibilities it will provide for students individually, their immediate communities and the economy in general.
In Nigeria alone, an average of 1.5million students graduate from High School annually and only 350 thousand of these students can be admitted into institutions of higher learning in Nigeria on average.
This is due to Corruption, Infrastructure Depletion, Low Graduation Rate, Strikes and an old education system.
- Tribue Newspaper: http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/27839-only-350000-will-be-offered-jamb-admission-out-of-15m
- All Africa: http://allafrica.com/stories/201203220390.html
- Yahoo News / Daily Maverick: http://za.news.yahoo.com/hi-tech-solution-nigerias-education-chaos-061037554–finance.html
- All Africa: http://allafrica.com/stories/201109080316.html
- Punch Newspaper: http://www.punchng.com/news/utme-1-5m-candidates-jostle-for-500000-admission-slots
- Alaska Report: http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/nigerian-crisis-bars-promising-students-universities
- Research Paper by Babatunde Oyedeji - http://www.wiloludjournal.com/ojs/index.php/cjedures/article/viewFile/421/pdf_122
- Gbenga Sesan: http://bit.ly/umtestats
We discovered that over 100 thousand of the left over students are qualified, willing and able to afford a post-secondary higher education.
We want to provide this opportunity to as many of those 100 thousand students as we can annually. To this effect we are starting West Africa’s first Hybrid / Online University* that will not be limited by gender, location, access, finance, time or age**
What We will Offer
- World Class Learning and Teaching provide by very experienced international faculty members.
- Technology support for the students (Free tablet computers and subsidized mobile internet access)
- Extensive local infrastructural support (Modern Learning Facilities for facilitation)
- A Collection of over 10 million digital and paper books in our modern libraries.
- Academic and Support partnerships to create a global value for our students
- Funding Start Up projects by our students
If we educate and engage Nigerian youths and students, we will
- Fund students’ graduation projects that we find viable for the real market
- Graduate job creators for the Nigerian economy. (We will be giving our students a 12 week entrepreneurial bootcamp before graduation)
- Reduce the migration of youths out of Nigeria and Africa.
- Significantly reduce the social vices that build up out of the youths being idle
- Train youths with hands on solutions to solve real problems
- Equip the next generation that can overcome their limitations and empower others
What we have done so far?
- We already have a teaching and learning platform, a full qualified faculty
- Successfully completed a pilot student program on our platform with high reviews.
- We have started building strong international academic and support partnerships
- Building a strong advisory board that is guiding and shaping this vision
- Conducted extensive analysis, interviews, surveys in the region and we see a market that is ready to learn and be educated
Ways You Can Help
There are so many other ways to support us
1. Tell a friend about this project use the social sharing tools here ->
2. Donate books and resources
3. Know someone interested in being a student? Refer us.
4. Know someone interested in educational projects? Refer us.
5. Donate and support the cause