Beni American University sets the standard for educational excellence in Nigeria and West Africa. With cutting edge technologies and world class outreach, Beni American University is absorbing a great number of students and this will reduce the rate and number of students who are without proper higher education. The University is rising in stature through its commitment to transforming the lives of students, pushing the boundaries of knowledge, and serving those around us.
To do this, we need highly qualified instructors to join our growing international faculty who believe in our vision of providing quality learning and knowledge to our students.
Job Name: Instructors
Faculties: Business Management and Management Information Systems
Whilst working closely with faculty deans, BAU instructors are responsible for ensuring students meet all learning objectives and successfully completing their course as outlined in the course description, lesson topics and syllabus.
It is their responsibility to ensure students achieve and demonstrate mastery of learning objectives and receive appropriate feedback and assessments of their progress throughout the course. Instructors must respond to students within a timely fashion, by answering questions and emails within 1 business day, and reviewing/grading assignments within 2 business days. Additionally, they must track, monitor, advise, and openly discuss course curriculum with students as needed throughout the course.
- Reviewing/editing/updating course curriculum regularly to ensure it is up to date and accurate.
- Perform any related tasks to improve the nature, experience, and delivery of online courses where appropriate.
- Maintaining class contents / resources to ensure availability, accuracy and relevance.
- Responding to student emails, questions, and comments within 1 business day.
- Grading and providing quality feedback to students’ assignment submissions within 2 business days.
- Providing detailed progress reports and assessments of student activities within 2 business days of the activity when appropriate.
- Communicating with BAU Student Support Services concerning any problems or potential problems with students.
- Following additional job requirements and expected code of conduct as outlined in the Faculty Resource Booklet.
Education – Four year (BA) university degree in relevant fields from a fully recognized institution of higher learning. (an additional 2 year MA degree is recommended as well as advanced post graduate work).
Teacher certification – is recommended and/or extensive teaching experience. Our instructors will be required to undergo our online teaching trainings in any case.
Writing/Communication Skills – Excellent use of the English language, excellent writing skills (correspondence through email is an essential component).
Computer Skills – Must be computer literate and extremely familiar with online technologies. Must be adept at word processing, email, search engines, and web browsing.
Online Teaching Experience – Online teaching experience is recommended but not required.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume, writing sample, copies of teaching certifications (if available), with cover letter stating areas available to teach to the following email address: Email